Boardman High Blood Drive 2019

Amelia Sapienza, Staff Writer

Another successful event at Boardman High School has been done. The 2019’s annual Blood Drive in the gymnasium had a wonderful turn-out, bringing out the good in the diverse students at the school. The numbers were high, as usual. Many students came in to lend a plentiful donation for the American Red Cross- which not only holds the potential to affect Boardman, but the whole nation itself. 

The Amercian Red Cross works on helping with Disaster Relief, Lifesaving Blood, Training and Certification, Military Families, and International Services. For example, you are able to apply for certain trainings, such as First Aid, CPR,and AED. These three certifications could be extremely useful in life, even when they’re least expected. Then, you can also become certified for Babysitting/Caregiving, Swimming, which includes basic First Aid. Lastly there are CNA and BLS certifications that may come in equal necessariness. 

This society is available to be reached at any time, which is all thanks to the plentiful amount of donors. The amount of good that comes from this group can save thousands of lives daily, by “preventing and alleviating human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.” Out of over 62,000 disasters reported that the ARC responds to,%90 are home fires, and lastly, %95 of workers that respond are volunteers. So, if you had the chance to donate to save a life, would you?