Boys Track Season Overview

Chloe Treadway, Staff Writer

The boys varsity track team has had an impressive season with a current record of 8-1. Their second latest meet at our Spartan Stadium against Canfield High School, went well . The boys finished off the meet in first place with 130 points, leaving Canfield in second place with a mere 24 points.

Earlier in the month, Mitchel Dunham was named MVP of the Mahoning County track and field meet. He ran the 1600 meter run, 3200 meter run, and ran his part in the 4 x 800 meter relay. He scored the Spartans 22.5 points. Then the meet was finished with 138 points, leaving the Boardman Spartans in first place against Austintown Fitch High School.

Senior and runner of the 100m and 200m, Noah Veauthier, said, “The season is going really well. All of our top runners are working extremely hard and that’s the reason why we’re undefeated and hope to take home victory  against Fitch tomorrow night in our final meet to close the season strong.”

Even though the Spartans didn’t win their most recent meet against Austintown Fitch Highschool, everyone did extremely well. There were over 30 personal records and some of the best times the coaches have seen in years. As the regular season wraps up, the best of luck is being sent to those competing in the post-season.