LAX to the M-A-X

Back to Article
Back to Article

LAX to the M-A-X

Sydney Fike, Assistant Editor

Girls lacrosse is standing at a current record of 5-8. They fell to Cardinal Mooney in their season opener 9-7. Most recently they fell to Archbishop Hoban High school 12-4. Scorers for the Spartans were Paige Jankowski and Mckayla Bryan. Gia Ditullo had 12 saves as goalie. On May 29, the girls play Canfield Cardinals which according to Jankowski, “should be a tough game but we are confident in our girls.”

The team is recognizing seniors, Emily Jackson and Randi Baghurst at senior night on May 30th where their name will be announced and receive a flower for all their hard work and dedication throughout the season

We asked captain, Emily Jackson about her favorite part of the season thus far and she stated, “My favorite part of the season would have to be our first home game because the team didn’t show up so we played against each other for fun! It was very funny, even our one coach played with us.” We also asked junior, Paige Jankowski what the rest of the season holds for them and she responded with, “The end of the season we hope to end strong, our record this year is the best record Boardman girls lacrosse has ever had.” Senior, Randi Baghurst stated, “My senior season is exciting and bittersweet! We have a very good team this year, but it is kind of sad because it is my last season.” 

We wish good luck to our girls lacrosse team as they intend to finish out the season strong. Make BHS proud, ladies!

About the Writer
Sydney Fike, Assistant Editor

Sydney Fike is an 18 year old senior at Boardman High School. After graduation she plans to go to college at Akron University to pursue a career in Mental...

• LAX to the M-A-X

Sports

Swinging Through The Season

• LAX to the M-A-X

Sports

Boys Tennis Serving it Up

• LAX to the M-A-X

Sports

The BHS Indoor Track Team SPRINTS through the State meet

• LAX to the M-A-X

Sports

Boardman Basketball Postseason

• LAX to the M-A-X

Sports

Boardman Basketball Postseason

• Sports

Boardman boys dribble into Basketball season

• Sports

Boardman Bowling Strikes Again

• LAX to the M-A-X

News

Hard Work Pays Off

• LAX to the M-A-X

Sports

• LAX to the M-A-X

Sports

Lady Spartans “Hooping” For A Win

LAX to the M-A-X