To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Returns with a Sequel

Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

The beloved To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before released on Netflix last year on August 17. Some of the cast and crew returned to start filming the long anticipated sequel, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: P.S. I Still Love You. The returning cast is Lana Condor, Noah Centineo, Janel Parrish, Anna Cathcart, John Corbett, Emilija Baranac, Madeleine Arthur and Trezzo Mahoro. It is unknown if Israel Broussard will reprise his role as Josh Sanderson.

TATBILB trilogy author and executive producer, Jenny Han posted a beautiful trailer park scenery picture on instagram, captioned, “Day 1.” on Wed., March 27. She also shared on Instagram her P.S. I still love you thank u, next inspired manicure. Lana Condor, TATBILB’s Lara Jean, teased a picture on Instagram of a framed collage of some behind the scenes pictures from the first film along with a hair scrunchie with the caption, “You all are, simply, not ready. @toalltheboysnetflix.” On Thurs., March 28, Jenny Han, Lana Condor, and To All the Boys Netflix shared a video on Instagram revealing Jordan Fisher will portray John Ambrose McClaren. However, in a end credits scene, TATBILB fans saw John Ambrose McClaren who was played by Jordan Burtchett. After hearing John Ambrose was recasted, most fans reacted negatively as they felt confused and did not believe he was the perfect fit for the role. It was confirmed on April 1 that Ross Butler has joined the TATBILB cast and will be playing Peter’s best friend, Trevor Pike.

There has been behind the scenes spoiler pictures where Lana is seen dressed up in school spirit along with Noah and Ross wearing Adler High lacrosse hoodies. The fans of the books predict there will be a scene Lara Jean is cheering on Peter at one of his games. Additionally, Holland Taylor and Sarayu Blue are currently the most recent added members to the cast. Jenny Han tweeted on Thurs., April 4, “Y’all keep asking me who’s playing Stormy- now I can finally tell you! It’s the legendary @HollandTaylor! We are so blessed. And for Trina we have the lovely and hilarious @sarayublue and my dearest @MadeleineArthur is back as Chris!”

Now the sequel is all over social media and has everyone talking. There is a high expectation for it as the first film of the series was popular and fans could not get enough of rewatching the movie several times. Although there is still no plot, the sequel is assumed to follow the second novel’s plot along with new twists as well. Fans are anxious as there is an official date yet to come when the sequel is released.

About the Writer
Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

Nasya Stevenson is a senior at Boardman High School. This is her first year on the Bugle staff. She joined because of her passion for reading and writing....

• To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Returns with a Sequel

Entertainment

Five Feet Apart

Entertainment

BHS Presents the 13th Annual Project Mayhem

Entertainment

Humanities Club Acoustic Show

Entertainment

The Return of the Jonas Brothers

Entertainment

Isn’t it Romantic Review

Entertainment

All that Jazz at OMEA

Entertainment

The Boardman High School orchestra’s recent adventures

Entertainment

Celebrating Queen : “Bohemian Rhapsody” Movie Review

Entertainment

Breakdown of Controversy and Nominations of the 2019 Oscars

Entertainment

Bringing Shakespeare to Boardman