BHS Presents the 13th Annual Project Mayhem

Sydney Fike, Assistant Editor

On Fri. March 22, for one night only, Boardman High School will be presenting the 13th annual Project Mayhem concert. The concert will be held in the Boardman Performing Arts Center. Project Mayhem is a live concert put on by the schools orchestra where they perform several songs that fill the students with excitement and anticipation for this fun-filled event. Tickets cost $5.00 and it starts at 7pm.

Project Mayhem has always been a favorite here at BHS. Student’s love getting to sing along to some of their favorite songs with their friends and family. A few songs that will be performed is High Hopes by Panic! at the Disco, American Women by The Guess Who, Homegrown by the Zac Brown Band, I’m Shipping Up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys, Ex’s and Oh’s by Elle King, Take Me to Church by Hozier and many more! A few students will be sharing their musical talent with us such as Ashley Policy, Chase Picino, Cora Ams, Anna Olivier, Wil Arnim and Peter Fernandez.

When asked what the most special part about being a part of Project Mayhem was, senior, Emily Jackson stated, “It probably has to be the fact that we are a big group of talented people who are just having fun, and all of it is just fun. It’s always a good time and it’s great to be a part of a production that is so amazing.” Daniel Gordiejew, a freshman here at BHS stated, “It’s really fun to be onstage performing with everybody after seeing the show when I was younger.” Junior, Ashley Policy stated, “It’s amazing to be  a part of such a diverse group. There are so many different personalities and talents on one stage and it makes the show really unique. Being backstage is a completely different experience than from the crowd. I can’t wait for all of us to put on a spectacular show.”

The anticipation is really building up within the halls of BHS and the performers are super excited to put on a great show. Come and see Project Mayhem on Fri. March 22 at 7pm in the BPAC!