Boardman Basketball Postseason

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boardman Basketball Postseason

Nick Yallech, Staff Writer

The Boardman Basketball team ended their regular season with a 15 game winning streak and positive intentions entering the postseason. Some of our Spartan athletes earned recognition for Northeast Inland District Basketball honorees. Guard Derrick Anderson made the first team, Guard Che Trevena made the 3rd team, and Forward Cam Kreps was a Honorable Mention. Also, our very own Coach Pat Birch earned Coach of the Year. The Spartans earned the 3rd seed in the playoffs which gives them the home court advantage in the first round when they played Dover High School Saturday March, 2nd. It was close to a sold out crowd. The Boardman student section was very hectic, and intimidating towards the visiting Dover team. Boardman defeated Dover High school 47-44. The next round, Boardman played Green High School Thursday March, 7th in Canton, Ohio at the Civic Center. This arena is the home court to Cleveland Cavaliers D-league team, The Canton Charge. Thanks to Mrs. Gorski, the students were provided a spirit bus for transportation to the game. This gave the Boardman student section a good amount of people to come and cheer on the team. The first half was close and hard fought, but Green’s impressive defense allowed them to pull ahead in the second half and win 61-47. Green will play 1st seed Jackson High school in the next round of the playoffs at the Canton Civic Center.

This was a successful year for Coach Birch and the Boardman Basketball team. They had a 12-0 conference record and overall 19-4 record. Boardman’s 4 seniors Shay Eicher, Cam Kreps, Nick Torres, and Che Trevena will be missed.

About the Writer
Nick Yallech, Staff Writer

Nicholas James Yallech is a senior at Boardman High School this year. He plays both football and baseball for the school, and this is his first year in...

• Sports

Boardman boys dribble into Basketball season

• Sports

Boardman Bowling Strikes Again

• Boardman Basketball Postseason

News

Hard Work Pays Off

• Boardman Basketball Postseason

Sports

• Boardman Basketball Postseason

Sports

Lady Spartans “Hooping” For A Win

• Sports

Lady Spartans Overview

• Boardman Basketball Postseason

Sports

Diving into the 2018 Swim & Dive season

• Boardman Basketball Postseason

Sports

Boardman Boys Wrestling Preview

• Boardman Basketball Postseason

Sports

Spartan Football Falls to Maple Heights

• Boardman Basketball Postseason

Sports

Dunham Qualifies for State

Boardman Basketball Postseason