Hard Work Pays Off

Congratulations to our seven spartan athletes that have signed their national letter-of-intent to continue their athletic career in college.

On Nov. 19, 2018 three student athletes including Cole Christman, Kaylin Burkey and Jackie Harker signed their national letter-of-intent.

Cole Christman will be attending Youngstown State University to continue his golf career. When asked what advice would you give underclassmen, he said, “Enjoy all the mindless and fun stuff you may do in high school, and appreciate and get the most out of your relationships with people, because neither of those things last forever.”

Kaylin Burkey will be attending California University of Pennsylvania to continue her volleyball career. Over the four years she played, she accumulated 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs. When asked what her favorite part was about her sport, she stated “The challenge of outsmarting the team across the net.”

Jackie Harker will continue gymnastics at Kent State University. She hopes to help Kent’s team in any way she can and get a degree in physical therapy to help people overcome their injuries.

On Dec. 20, 2018, Tino Arcuri signed to West Point. He was a senior team captain for the football team. Tino’s goal in his football career and in life is contribute to a lot of wins on the field, lead anyone in the right direction, and always be able to provide for the people closest to him in his life.

Three football players, Michael O’Horo, Alexander Huzicka, and Kareem Hamdan signed on Feb.7.

Michael O’Horo was a 3 year starter quarterback and senior team captain. He will attend Saginaw Valley State University in Michigan.

Alexander Huzicka was a two-way starter defensive end and tight end, defensive lineman. He signed to Notre Dame College.

Kareem Hamdan will continue football at Clarion University in Pennsylvania. He was a three year starter and team captain, fullback and linebacker. Kareem says his favorite memory that he has made over the last year is being the first team in Boardman football history to go back to back in the playoffs.

• News

BHS Show Choirs are in a New York State of Mind

• Hard Work Pays Off

News

Are you Smarter Than a Quiz Bowler?

• Hard Work Pays Off

Entertainment

The Return of the Jonas Brothers

• Hard Work Pays Off

Entertainment

All that Jazz at OMEA

• Hard Work Pays Off

Entertainment

The Boardman High School orchestra’s recent adventures

• Hard Work Pays Off

News

Kent State Students Teach Message of Diversity

• Hard Work Pays Off

Entertainment

Breakdown of Controversy and Nominations of the 2019 Oscars

• Hard Work Pays Off

News

Sweetheart Ball

• Hard Work Pays Off

News

Boardman High School Speech and Debate Team Headed to Nationals

• Hard Work Pays Off

Entertainment

Bringing Shakespeare to Boardman

Hard Work Pays Off