Boardman boys dribble into Basketball season

Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

The boys’ varsity basketball kicked off their season in late November. They were 1-1 for their first two games and they had two games over the second weekend of December. Our boys played Youngstown East and won in game 1 and Canton Glenoak in game 2. Unfortunately, they’ve lost in game 2 even though they fought hard for most of game. However, our spartans came back with a win against Lakeview on Tues., Dec.11. On Fri., Dec.14, The boys’ varsity team beat Mooney with a score of 66-48. They went away to face Hudson on Sat., Dec. 22 but sadly, lost. They played Poland on Fri., Dec.28 and won with the score 66-48. Spartans are 6-3 due to the win facing Struthers. On Fri., Jan. 4, Austintown took the fall by 73-49. Lakeside was defeated on Tues., Jan.8 with the score 73-42. BVB won facing Howland 73-42. On Fri., Jan.11, BVB beat Howland 73-42. The BVB beat Canfield 63 – 39 on Fri., Jan.18. Varsity won up against Warren G. Harding by the score 67-43 on Thurs., Jan.24. On Fri., Jan.25, Lakeside was defeated again by our boys with a score 62-45. The boys beat Howland 74 – 34 on Wed., Jan. 30. On Fri., Feb.1, BVB beat East with the score 56-32. The boys varsity team is ranked no.3 in the WKBN-27 Power Rankings presently. Varsity has an overall score 14-3 and a conference record 6-0. The Boardman Spartans will play Canfield again at home, 7 p.m., on Tues., Feb.5.

Seniors of the team are Shay Eicher, Cam Kreps, Nick Torres and Che Trevena. About his expectations for the team, Coach Birch says, “Overall I am really optimistic about this season. We have a talented group who plays hard and unselfish. Our overall depth will be a major strength for us during the season.” With just 5 more games to go, there is still strong hope and confidence in the team.

About the Writer
Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

Nasya Stevenson is a senior at Boardman High School. This is her first year on the Bugle staff. She joined because of her passion for reading and writing....