Teacher Feature

Back to Article
Back to Article

Teacher Feature

Sydney Fike, Assistant Editor

Mrs. Safarek is an english teacher here at Boardman High School. She teaches Freshman and Senior english and loves them both equally. She attended and graduated from Youngstown State University. When asked if she would recommend this university she stated, “Yes, it’s very affordable.” Mrs. Safarek decided to become an english teacher based on her love for school and english class, “It was an easy decision”, stated Safarek.

A few of Mrs. Safareks hobbies include playing basketball, going to Cleveland with her husband, playing with her two goldendoodles and reading. Her favorite sports teams include the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Cleveland Indians and the Duke Blue Devils. When asked for a fun fact about Mrs. Safarek she responded with, “I have always been fascinated with India. My dream is to go there one day. I always read books based in India and love the food!”

Mrs. Safarek is really passionate about her family, “My mom is my best friend”, Safarek stated. When asked what one piece of advice she wishes to leave with her students she replied that she loves the quote that says, “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”