Dance with Spanish Club

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dance with Spanish Club

Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

Spanish Club is having an upcoming get together. Spanish club is a group of freshman to senior students in Spanish and it is run by the Spanish teachers at Boardman High. YSU dance club will hold dance lessons at BHS in Room 223. The first lessons to be held is Cha Cha Basics on Thursday, Jan. 31 from 3:45-4:30 p.m. Cha Cha is a dance derived from Cuba. The Cuban composer and violinist Enrique Jorrin developed this dance in the middle 1950’s. Cha Cha was originally known as a slowed-down mambo or “the triple mambo” due to it being only three steps. Cha Cha became popular because of its simplicity and because of how quickly participants catch on to it. Eventually, the dance progressed as an independent dance. Cha Cha was also originally called Cha-Cha-Cha.

On Thursday, Feb. 7, Salsa Basics will be taught from 3:45-4:30 p.m. Salsa is originated from Cuba to accommodate Spanish (European) and African cultures. It is usually a partner dance but there are solo versions such as “suelta” and “Rueda de Casino” where numerous couples switch partners in a circle. Salsa is popular throughout Latin America as well as in North America, Europe, Australia, and some countries in Asia and the Middle East.

Lessons on Bachata Basics will be on Valentine’s day, Thursday, Feb. 14 from 3:45-5:30 p.m. Bachata is a dance originated from Dominican Republic. It is also danced worldwide. Bachata is well known as a very sensual dance even though, it wasn’t designed to be looked at in that way. Bachata is a dance, done by two people, to express the feelings a person has for another. 

Snacks and celebration will be afterwards. A $2 voluntary donation is appreciated, as well. Any student interested in attending these dance lessons must sign up in room 204.

About the Writer
Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

Nasya Stevenson is a senior at Boardman High School. This is her first year on the Bugle staff. She joined because of her passion for reading and writing....

• Dance with Spanish Club

Entertainment

Celebrating Christmas

• Dance with Spanish Club

Student Life

The Plant-Based Snack Club

• Dance with Spanish Club

News

Speech and Debate Tournament

• Dance with Spanish Club

Student Life

Celebrating Dia de los Muertos

• Dance with Spanish Club

News

Marching Band in Concert

• Dance with Spanish Club

Student Life

BHS Drum Night

• Dance with Spanish Club

Student Life

Fall Festivities

• Dance with Spanish Club

Entertainment

Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

• Student Life

From All Over The World

• Dance with Spanish Club

Student Life

Top 10 Tips and Tricks to Get Through the ACT

Dance with Spanish Club