Sweetheart Ball

Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

The Sweetheart Ball will be held Saturday, Jan. 26 from 7-10 p.m. in the Boardman High School cafeteria. Unlike Homecoming and Prom, the girls ask the boys for dates. Any BHS student can attend and bring a date who is a BHS alumni and under the age of 21. Tickets will be available during all lunches on Thursday, Jan. 17 through Thursday, Jan. 24. Tickets cost $20 each. The theme is black and white. Seniors nominated Sweetheart’s King and Queen during homeroom on Friday, Dec.14 and voted from the top nominees on Friday, Jan.4 in homeroom. Sweethearts court was announced on Monday, Jan. 7 during 5th period. Here are the nominees: Paola Cordova Rivas, Abbey Fryda, Jackie Harker, Tyra McClendon, Delaney Notar, Brigita Ositis, Omar Abu-Ghannam, Tino Arcuri, Trevor Boggess, David Santiago, Nick Torres, and Danny Turillo.

When asked how the nominees felt about being on court, they had several answers. Paola says, “I don’t know, really cool I guess. I always saw this in the movies and I feel like I’m in a movie, too”. Abbey’s favorite movie is “Crazy Rich Asians”. Jackie is involved in National Honors Society, Link Crew and gymnastics. Tyra’s favorite high school memory is going to different concerts throughout the years. Delaney advises the underclassmen to take their time throughout the years and appreciate the moments because it will be over before you know it. After high school, Brigita plans to study pre-med and get into med-school. Omar was so excited to be on court that he wanted to perform a T squared (Tummy-time) or run through a wall. Tino’s favorite movie is “300”. Trevor’s advice to the underclassmen is “Don’t be too serious, have fun.” David shares going to Virginia Beach with the chorale and Boardman Singers is his favorite high school memory. Danny is involved in Band, Jazz, Orchestra, Quiz Bowl, History Club, Student Council, etc. Nick plans to play college basketball and major in physical therapy after high school. 

About the Writer
Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

Nasya Stevenson is a senior at Boardman High School. This is her first year on the Bugle staff. She joined because of her passion for reading and writing....

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Boardman High School Speech and Debate Team Headed to Nationals

• Sweetheart Ball

Entertainment

Bringing Shakespeare to Boardman

• Sweetheart Ball

Entertainment

Helping Families Sleep in Peace

• Sweetheart Ball

Entertainment

Celebrating 30 Years of Christmas Miracles

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Ukrainian Christmas

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Boardman Schools Television Network Wins Major Award

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Honoring All Veterans

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Giving Back To The Ones That Protect Us

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Quiz Bowl

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Honoring All Veterans

Sweetheart Ball