Sweetheart Ball

Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

The Sweetheart Ball will be held Saturday, Jan. 26 from 7-10 p.m. in the Boardman High School cafeteria. Unlike Homecoming and Prom, the girls ask the boys for dates. Any BHS student can attend and bring a date who is a BHS alumni and under the age of 21. Tickets will be available during all lunches on Thursday, Jan. 17 through Thursday, Jan. 24. Tickets cost $20 each. The theme is black and white. Seniors nominated Sweetheart’s King and Queen during homeroom on Friday, Dec.14 and voted from the top nominees on Friday, Jan.4 in homeroom. Sweethearts court was announced on Monday, Jan. 7 during 5th period. Here are the nominees: Paola Cordova Rivas, Abbey Fryda, Jackie Harker, Tyra McClendon, Delaney Notar, Brigita Ositis, Omar Abu-Ghannam, Tino Arcuri, Trevor Boggess, David Santiago, Nick Torres, and Danny Turillo.

When asked how the nominees felt about being on court, they had several answers. Paola says, “I don’t know, really cool I guess. I always saw this in the movies and I feel like I’m in a movie, too”. Abbey’s favorite movie is “Crazy Rich Asians”. Jackie is involved in National Honors Society, Link Crew and gymnastics. Tyra’s favorite high school memory is going to different concerts throughout the years. Delaney advises the underclassmen to take their time throughout the years and appreciate the moments because it will be over before you know it. After high school, Brigita plans to study pre-med and get into med-school. Omar was so excited to be on court that he wanted to perform a T squared (Tummy-time) or run through a wall. Tino’s favorite movie is “300”. Trevor’s advice to the underclassmen is “Don’t be too serious, have fun.” David shares going to Virginia Beach with the chorale and Boardman Singers is his favorite high school memory. Danny is involved in Band, Jazz, Orchestra, Quiz Bowl, History Club, Student Council, etc. Nick plans to play college basketball and major in physical therapy after high school. 

About the Writer
Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

Nasya Stevenson is a senior at Boardman High School. This is her first year on the Bugle staff. She joined because of her passion for reading and writing....

• News

BHS Show Choirs are in a New York State of Mind

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Are you Smarter Than a Quiz Bowler?

• Sweetheart Ball

Entertainment

The Return of the Jonas Brothers

• Sweetheart Ball

Entertainment

All that Jazz at OMEA

• Sweetheart Ball

Entertainment

The Boardman High School orchestra’s recent adventures

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Kent State Students Teach Message of Diversity

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Hard Work Pays Off

• Sweetheart Ball

Entertainment

Breakdown of Controversy and Nominations of the 2019 Oscars

• Sweetheart Ball

News

Boardman High School Speech and Debate Team Headed to Nationals

• Sweetheart Ball

Entertainment

Bringing Shakespeare to Boardman

Sweetheart Ball