Boardman boys dribble into Basketball season

Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

The boys’ varsity basketball kicked off their season in late November. They were 1-1 for their first two games and they had two games over the second weekend of December. Our boys played Youngstown East and won in game 1 and Canton Glenoak in game 2. Unfortunately, they’ve lost in game 2 even though they fought hard for most of game. However, our spartans came back with a win against Lakeview on Tues., Dec.11. The boys’ varsity team beat Mooney with a score of 66-48. They went away to face Hudson on Sat., Dec. 22 but sadly, lost. They played Poland on Fri., Dec. 28 and won with the score 66-48. Now, the boys are 6-3 due to the win facing Struthers.

Seniors of the team are Shay Eicher, Cam Kreps, Nick Torres and Che Trevena. About his expectations for the team, Coach Birch says, “Overall I am really optimistic about this season. We have a talented group who plays hard and unselfish. Our overall depth will be a major strength for us during the season.” With just 12 more games to go, there is strong hope and confidence in the team.

About the Writer
Nasya Stevenson, Staff Writer

Nasya Stevenson is a senior at Boardman High School. This is her first year on the Bugle staff. She joined because of her passion for reading and writing....