Celebrating 30 Years of Christmas Miracles

Elizabeth Amstuz

A theatrical staple of the Youngstown area, Easy Street Productions, prepares for their 30th year performing Miracle On Easy Street. The spectacular concert is sure to get you in the spirit with its toe-tapping carols as well as beautiful dance numbers. The show started at the Uptown Theatre, although in 1993 Easy street moved to the 2,000+ seat theatre of Powers Auditorium at the Deyor Performing Arts Center. Easy Street Productions was founded in 1988 by Maureen Collins and Boardman High alumnus Todd Hancock. “The community coming back and making this show a family tradition is the true miracle” says Collins, filled with gratitude for each audience member. The holiday event has grown immensely, now featuring nearly 200 artists involved. There are 55 dancers, including Boardman High School sophomore Bonnie Missos, each dancer perfecting routines with professionalism. A prominent feature of the show is the “Little Rascals,” a children’s chorus of 88 splitting evenly in two groups of 44 for each show. The children come from all over the area to perform, usually until their eighth grade year. There are 21 “Mini Rascals,” ages 3-6, adding a special splash of cuteness as they make an appearance performing a few numbers. The Easy Street Little Big Band, lead by Don Yallech, is an eminent batch of 8 musicians who fill the theatre with beautiful sounds. A newer addition to the show is 5 teen singers, area high school students sharing talents as featured soloists. The teen group includes two Boardman High students, junior Wil Arnim and sophomore Elizabeth Amstutz. Miracle features some of the areas most talented adults as lead singers, with Hancock and Collins hosting as well as James McClellan, Colleen Chance,and Candace Campana singing their hearts out.

With special appearances by Frosty the Snowman and perhaps even Santa Claus, there is something for everyone to enjoy! Filled with so many lively songs new and old, it’s hard to pick a favorite! Choreographer Megan Cleland takes her dancers to the next level with each number creating an alluring atmosphere. The entire show radiates glamour and style for the holiday season. Miracle On Easy Street performs Friday, Dec. 14 at 7:30pm, Saturday at 2:30 and 7:30pm and Sunday at 2:30pm at The Deyor Performing Arts Center. Join the fun to ensure a jolly holiday for the whole family.

• Celebrating 30 Years of Christmas Miracles

Entertainment

Humanities Club Acoustic Show

Entertainment

The Return of the Jonas Brothers

Entertainment

Isn’t it Romantic Review

Entertainment

All that Jazz at OMEA

Entertainment

The Boardman High School orchestra’s recent adventures

Entertainment

Celebrating Queen : “Bohemian Rhapsody” Movie Review

Entertainment

Breakdown of Controversy and Nominations of the 2019 Oscars

Entertainment

Bringing Shakespeare to Boardman

Entertainment

Floating back to the Banks Family

Entertainment

Helping Families Sleep in Peace