Giving Back To The Ones That Protect Us

Morgan Spearman, Staff Writer

Morgan Brandt and her group members are taking part in a communication class at YSU where they have been assigned to create a volunteer project. Brandt and three other girls, Brittney Michael, Carly Campbell, and Giana McGuire. The group wanted to do something new and unique for their project. They agreed that they wanted to collect donations from the community to send to the active military members. “Stocking for Soldiers” is the name of a volunteer project. This was a very sentimental project choice for all of the girls. The concept of the project is to gather donations from around the whole community to send to the active members of  the military for the holiday season.

They did this in hopes of, “Getting items to members of the military who aren’t supported by people at home.”

Brandt is currently a YSU sophomore that is studying Exercise Science/Pre Physical Therapy.  

She choose this major because, “ I have always had a need to help others and I felt this field is exactly where I need to be.”

Brandt is not only involved in her academics but also extracurricular activities at YSU. She also takes part in a group called Guinathon.  The Guinathon is a dance program that raise money and awareness for Children’s Miracle Network that are all over the US and Canada. The Guinathon is one of the 400 dance marathons throughout North America.  They specifically raise funds for Akron Children’s Mahoning Valley. After YSU she plans on going further into her studies and taking part in a school for Occupational Therapy.

Brandt is a Boardman High School alumni, she graduated in 2017. She has attended Boardman Local School District from kindergarten to 12th grade. She attended Market Street Elementary, Glenwood Middle School and Boardman High School. Brandt was involved in many different activities throughout the years. In middle school, she was apart of PANDA leaders club. In high school, she wrote for the Boardman Bugle , National Honors Society (NHS), emerging leaders, and was in the choir and Boardman singers during her sophomore year.

Brandt thoroughly enjoyed her time in the Boardman Local School District, “ I am forever grateful for the education Boardman has given me and that is why we decided to bring this project back in to their schools.”

They want the Boardman Local School District to get involved with this volunteer project. They have asked the students to create cards for the stockings to give to the soldiers as well.  You can submit your letters by Friday Nov. 16th, 2018, you can turn these letters into Maria Rotunno. Take part in this opportunity to give back to the ones that protect us. Thank you to all the Veterans.  

About the Writer
Morgan Spearman, Staff Writer

Morgan Spearman is a 14-year old freshman at Boardman High School. She is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and plans to attend Ohio University to work in...

• Giving Back To The Ones That Protect Us

Entertainment

Celebrating 30 Years of Christmas Miracles

News

Ukrainian Christmas

News

Boardman Schools Television Network Wins Major Award

News

Honoring All Veterans

News

Quiz Bowl

News

Honoring All Veterans

• News

Boardman High School Blood Drive

News

Speech and Debate Tournament

News

Marching Band in Concert

News

Yes Fest 2018

Giving Back To The Ones That Protect Us