The Student Becomes The Teacher

Sydney Fike, Assistant Editor

Mr. Sheehan is a Boardman High School alumni turned AP Human Geography and World History Teacher. He graduated from Youngstown State University in 2009 and studied Integrated Social Studies. Mr. Sheehan stated, “I’ve always loved history and political science and wanted to pass that along to students.” He said that he would definitely recommend YSU because, “the professors are awesome and it is very affordable.” He decided that he wanted to become a teacher because he wanted to go into a profession where he could help people. “Teachers have such a huge impact on students’ lives and I felt that it was something I could do,” said Sheehan.

A few of Mr. Sheehan’s hobbies are traveling and exploring new places, listening to music and attending concerts, and watching sports teams such as the Cleveland Indians and the Michigan Wolverines. A fun fact about Mr. Sheehan is that he has a dog named Nacho that he takes to schools and nursing homes. One of his passions are encouraging everyone to vote. “It’s amazing how many young people don’t vote. It’s more important now than ever!” He loves teaching AP Geography because of the great group of kids he has and how relatable the content is.

When asked what other career he would be doing if he had not chosen teaching, Mr. Sheehan’s answer was simple, “It’s hard to imagine not being a teacher; but if I wasn’t I might be  a lawyer.” Mr. Sheehan wishes to leave one of many messages with his students which is, “Don’t be afraid to try new things or make mistakes. Mistakes are only bad if you ignore them.” Welcome back to Boardman High School, Mr. Sheehan! We are so lucky to have you.

About the Writer
Sydney Fike, Assistant Editor

Sydney Fike is an 18 year old senior at Boardman High School. After graduation she plans to go to college at Akron University to pursue a career in Journalism. This is her second year writing for the Bugle, she is one of two co-editors. She initially decided to start writing for the school newspaper to ignite an even larger passion for Journalism. English is one of her favorite subjects in school. July 17th, 2000 is her birthday. She has a chocolate lab named Bodi, and a bunny named Bailey. She loves vanilla ice cream, but only plain vanilla, not vanilla bean. Lastly, one of her favorite colors is Turquoise.

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Boardman High School Welcomes new Spanish and English Teacher

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Teacher Feature: Ms.Clemente

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Glenwood Middle School Teacher New to the High School

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Teacher Feature: Mr. Larry Davis

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Mark D’Eramo

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Laura Kephart

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Tyler Vallinger

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Kaitlin Steeb

• The Student Becomes The Teacher

Teacher Feature

Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

The Student Becomes The Teacher