Marching Band in Concert

Liliana D'Andrea, Editor in Chief

On Saturday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m. the Boardman High School marching band performed all of their halftime shows in the gymnasium.

All together they performed 26 different songs/melodies including: Rage Cadence, Kick it!, Cadence #2, Le Regiment de Sambre et Muese, Buckeye Battle Cry, The Star Spangled Banner, Run-on Cadence, Fanfare for the Common Man, I can See for Miles, I Do, Finesse, Believer, Beyonce Medley, Jingle Bell Rock, Got My Mojo Workin’/Alabama Jubiliee, Santa’s Parade, Africa, Sell Out, Renegade, She Bangs, Can-Can, Saturday Night Live, Copa Cabana, Auld Lang Syne, Alma Mater, and Godfather of Soul. They also recognized the seniors during one of the songs as they stood in the formation of a 19.

Before and after the show they held their own rendition of the show “Cupcake Wars”. Twelve groups of students got together and decorated their cupcakes to the theme of “Saturday Night Live”, and the show goers got to vote on the best themed cupcakes. Andrew Beichner, a senior and leader of the BSMB won first in the taste category.

Beichner stated, “It was such a great experience to make the cupcakes and this is my third year winning so that’s always great. Plus band has been a big part of my life and I am very grateful for everything it has given me.”