Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Morgan Spearman, Staff Writer

Ms. Paden is a physical science teacher for freshmen students. In her Physical science class they introduce the students to Chemistry, Physics, and Astronomy.  This is her first year working in the Boardman school district.

Ms. Paden graduated from Howland High School. In middle school and high school she was a cheerleader. She has always enjoyed cheering for football and basketball but her favorite thing she did was to cheer competitively.

Ms. Paden remembered, “Each weekend we were at different competitions around the area and even went to state twice.”

Now, she cheers for her favorite football teams, Cleveland Browns and Ohio State Buckeyes.

Ms. Paden has not always know she wanted to teach science. After she graduated high school she attended the Ohio State University with an undecided major.

In the beginning of her college journey she said, “I had NO CLUE what I wanted to do with my life.”

She tried a variety of different classes in the beginning trying to find her passion. After lots of trial and error she decided to major in Environmental Science, but during her last semester she decided to try an education class, and she found that she loved teaching science to young adults more than beginning in a lab all of the time.

After two years of living in the Columbus it got fairly expensive, so she moved back home and enrolled in Youngstown State University. Were she spent 3 years in the teacher education program.

Ms. Paden graduated, “ with an Integrated Science degree, which just means that I am licensed to teach any science class that schools offer from 7th to 12th grade.”

Ms. Paden’s biggest hobby at the moment is planning her wedding, but also hanging out with my fiance and their friends, reading and watching movies/Netflix.

Ms. Paden has a love for animals, ”I have 2 cats. I have an all black pone named Junie and a gigantic, small-dog-sized gray cat named Frankie.”

She may have cats, but her and her fiancé LOVE dogs, but their apartment does not allow them.

So they are, “two dog people who just happen to have awesome cats.”

If she was not a teacher she would would want to be a an environmental scientist.

She is very interested in environmental science because, “if we do not reverse the effects of climate change quickly, we will see its consequences in our lifetime.”

One thing Ms. Paden wants to leave with her students is,”If they are able to, you should go to college and learn about new thing. Do not go through life believing you know everything – there’s always going to be someone who knows more than you.”

When she was in college she took as many experiences as she could, not only to learn about subjects as math and science, but also things that you have never heard about. She grew up in Howland with very little diversity, so when she got to college she wanted to learn more about different cultures.

She took classes in, “African American history, I learned Latino/Latina literature, and I became an LGBTQ+ ally after minoring in women and Gender Studies.”

These experiences opened her mind to learn more about other that are not just like her.

She came to Boardman because how great the academics were here. She was required to travel to a variety of schools to tutor, teach lessons or to observe other teachers.

“This taught me that certain schools do not take academics as seriously as BHS does.”

Her main goal is to make science fun and to encourage students to pursue a career in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), because even the little things like the apps on your phone is all science.

Welcome to the BHS family Ms. Paden.

About the Writer
Morgan Spearman, Staff Writer

Morgan Spearman is a 14-year old freshman at Boardman High School. She is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and plans to attend Ohio University to work in a journalism field. Morgan joined journalism to pursue her passion for writing. When she’s older, she wants to be a journalist, if that doesn’t work out, then she wants to work for Broadway. Morgan describes herself as a little shy, very stubborn, but a leader. She was class president in the 8th grade at BGJHS. She also cheers, runs track, and plays basketball. Morgan has one older brother, who is a senior here at BHS, Miles. Her favorite quote is, “Talk less, smile more.”

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

The Student Becomes The Teacher

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Boardman High School Welcomes new Spanish and English Teacher

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Teacher Feature: Ms.Clemente

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Glenwood Middle School Teacher New to the High School

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Teacher Feature: Mr. Larry Davis

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Mark D’Eramo

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Laura Kephart

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Tyler Vallinger

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Kaitlin Steeb

• Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

Teacher Feature

Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS