Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Elizabeth Amstutz, Editor In Chief

Last Saturday, Oct 20; Boardman High School held its second annual Pumpkin Promenade. The halls of the school were on a sugar rush as staff and students spent the night passing out candy. Trick or treating was open to all children of BHS staff members. The night began at 5pm with pizza and refreshments in the cafeteria, followed by a promenade in the Performing Arts Center. Each child was given the opportunity to strut across the stage while being introduced. Afterwards more than 20 volunteers, mostly art and photography students, and staff passed out candy around the halls.

“I really enjoyed watching the high school students interact with the younger kids. It was so genuine, and all age levels seemed to have a good time” expressed Mrs. Birch, a photo arts teacher. Mrs. Birch took her children, whose favorite memory was receiving candy from our students. About 45 children attended, each spending time with family and friends, to create fun memories. “My kids really seemed to like it,” said Mr. Sypert a BHS biology teacher, “no one cried which is always a good sign.” This lighthearted event succeeded in getting kids in the Halloween spirit and each attendee hopes that the event will continue.