Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Elizabeth Amstutz, Staff writer

Last Saturday, Oct 20; Boardman High School held its second annual Pumpkin Promenade. The halls of the school were on a sugar rush as staff and students spent the night passing out candy. Trick or treating was open to all children of BHS staff members. The night began at 5pm with pizza and refreshments in the cafeteria, followed by a promenade in the Performing Arts Center. Each child was given the opportunity to strut across the stage while being introduced. Afterwards more than 20 volunteers, mostly art and photography students, and staff passed out candy around the halls.

“I really enjoyed watching the high school students interact with the younger kids. It was so genuine, and all age levels seemed to have a good time” expressed Mrs. Birch, a photo arts teacher. Mrs. Birch took her children, whose favorite memory was receiving candy from our students. About 45 children attended, each spending time with family and friends, to create fun memories. “My kids really seemed to like it,” said Mr. Sypert a BHS biology teacher, “no one cried which is always a good sign.” This lighthearted event succeeded in getting kids in the Halloween spirit and each attendee hopes that the event will continue.  

About the Writer
Elizabeth Amstutz, Staff writer

Have you ever met this incredible girl? No? You lost so much! Elizabeth is fifteen-year-old girl and studies in 10th grade. She is very creative and an active person. She likes to dance and sing. Do you know that movie trailers originally played after the movie? She knows many interesting facts. She wants to explore the world of food and try meals of different cultures but the most she likes is Italian food. She is really proud that she is a writer of poetry and performing. She has an older brother and likes the color purple. And now she is a part of a journalists’ team. She joined us because she likes to write and wants to be at the center of events.

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

“The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” Review

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

Wicked the Musical Celebrates its 15th Anniversary

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

Netflix Original Series “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” Season 1 Review

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

Swimming Towards the Drama Guild’s “The Little Mermaid”

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

‘A Star Is Born’ Review

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

Audiences Go Crazy for “A Simple Favor”

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

Riverdale Season 3 Premiere Review

• Entertainment

Top 10 Halloween Costumes

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

Fun Fall Activities

• Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

Entertainment

Audiences Go Crazy for “A Simple Favor”

Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style