‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Sydney Fike, Assistant Editor

A Star Is Born’ is a remake of the original film that came out in 1976. The film was released on Oct. 5, 2018. It is based around a hometown girl, Ally, who is played by Lady Gaga, whose dream is to make it big time as a singer/songwriter. She comes into contact with a seasoned musician, Jackson Maine, who is played by Bradley Cooper, who falls head over heels for this girl. The two of them embark on a musical/love journey together and spend most of their time on stage. As Ally’s new musical career takes off, we find out that Jackson has been battling an internal fight with himself and we see how he tries to conquer and fight through it with the help of Ally.

The film has received several reviews and it sweeping viewers off their feet. Manohla Dargis, writer for the New York Times wrote, “This latest and fourth version is a gorgeous heartbreaker (bring tissues). Like its finest antecedents, it wrings tears from its romance and thrills from a steadfast belief in old-fashioned, big-feeling cinema.” Neil Soans, writer for Times of India wrote. “When a strong cast and palpable, intimate chemistry between the lead pair is added on top of that, the result is sheer movie magic.” The film received a rating of 84 percent and earned itself $19.1 million dollars opening week.

The film has reached millions of people around the world and is bringing tears to their eyes. It is a  beautiful film with a touching story and it has easily become viewers favorite movie. If you are looking for a movie to watch that is going to blow you away, go see ‘A Star Is Born.”

About the Writer
Sydney Fike, Assistant Editor

Sydney Fike is an 18 year old senior at Boardman High School. After graduation she plans to go to college at Akron University to pursue a career in Journalism. This is her second year writing for the Bugle, she is one of two co-editors. She initially decided to start writing for the school newspaper to ignite an even larger passion for Journalism. English is one of her favorite subjects in school. July 17th, 2000 is her birthday. She has a chocolate lab named Bodi, and a bunny named Bailey. She loves vanilla ice cream, but only plain vanilla, not vanilla bean. Lastly, one of her favorite colors is Turquoise.

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

“The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” Review

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

Wicked the Musical Celebrates its 15th Anniversary

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

Netflix Original Series “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” Season 1 Review

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

Swimming Towards the Drama Guild’s “The Little Mermaid”

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

Celebrating Halloween, Spartan Style

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

Audiences Go Crazy for “A Simple Favor”

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

Riverdale Season 3 Premiere Review

• Entertainment

Top 10 Halloween Costumes

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

Fun Fall Activities

• ‘A Star Is Born’ Review

Entertainment

Audiences Go Crazy for “A Simple Favor”

‘A Star Is Born’ Review