Saying ‘Ciao’ to the 2018 Italian Club

Elizabeth Amstutz, Staff writer

Many of Boardman High’s most prominent clubs center around our very own language programs. Italian club is an organization of students in years one through four of Italian classes. Each meeting has a new event in store, always including plenty of food. For their first meeting, new members were initiated with a scavenger hunt, as well as pizza and dancing. The next meeting is Halloween themed, with games such as the mummy wrap contest, musical chairs to Halloween themed music, and “Tombola” an Italian bingo. Food planned for the event includes donuts, apple cider, and hot dogs.

Italian club is run by proud teacher Signora Amero, who teaches Italian years one, three, and four. The senior co-presidents include Lili D’Andrea and Chloe Housteau. The clubs overall mission is to get more Italian students involved with the class they are taking. This is just one of the many great clubs this school has to offer, and a lot are still open for membership. Check your student handbook for more details on how to get involved.

About the Writer
Elizabeth Amstutz, Staff writer

Have you ever met this incredible girl? No? You lost so much! Elizabeth is fifteen-year-old girl and studies in 10th grade. She is very creative and an active person. She likes to dance and sing. Do you know that movie trailers originally played after the movie? She knows many interesting facts. She wants to explore the world of food and try meals of different cultures but the most she likes is Italian food. She is really proud that she is a writer of poetry and performing. She has an older brother and likes the color purple. And now she is a part of a journalists’ team. She joined us because she likes to write and wants to be at the center of events.

• Saying ‘Ciao’ to the 2018 Italian Club

News

Giving Back To The Ones That Protect Us

News

Quiz Bowl

News

Honoring All Veterans

• News

Boardman High School Blood Drive

News

Speech and Debate Tournament

News

Marching Band in Concert

News

Yes Fest 2018

News

BSTN Students Visit Browns Stadium

• News

Ranking of Ohio School Districts’ Test Scores

News

The Mission Night Market

Saying ‘Ciao’ to the 2018 Italian Club