Homecoming Court 2018/2019

Alissa- Alissa Sipus is one of the seniors competing for the title of “Homecoming queen.” She is being escorted by Josh Rodriguez. Alissa participates in Emerging Leaders, wrestles, Yearbook, and works at Justice. She loves to be around her friends and family and shopping. When she graduates, she wants to attend YSU for nursing. She says being voted as Queen would be a well-remembered experience that would be forever cherished. She said she would pass the story down to her kids in the future.

Hannah- Hannah Greene, a senior here at BHS, is trying to earn the title of “Homecoming Queen.” Tino Acuri, her best friend, is escorting her to the dance and they’re wearing black. Hannah participates in NHS, Italian NHS, Big Spartan Little Spartan, tutors math, emerging leaders, Italian club, and she is a Varsity Cheerleader. She volunteers for Oktoberfest, the Senior Center, the Second Harvest Food Bank, Boardman United Methodist Church, and Salvation Army. She loves to bake, take pictures, paint, and read in her free time. When Hannah graduates, she wants to go to college for pre-medicine biology then further her education to specialize in pediatrics. She says being homecoming queen would “prove to her fellow students that she’s a delightful and kind person who is enjoyable to be around.”

Randi Baghurst is one senior wishing to become “Homecoming Queen.” Her escort is her close friend, John Anzevino, and they plan on wearing black to the dance. Randi participates in drama club, lacrosse, orchestra, jazz, band, and she sings for band. She can play the trumpet and french horn. Randi said some fun facts about her are that she worships Barack Obama, she has a twin brother, her favorite flowers are sunflowers, she works at Panera, and she loves to drink pickle juice. After high school, she wants to study for either early childhood education or english. Randi said, “Being queen would be interesting, I did not expect to be on the court.”

Mia Lewis- Mia Lewis is a senior at BHS, and one of the girls hoping to become Homecoming Queen. Nikitas Missos, her best friend, is her escort at the dance. Her favorite flowers is a rose, her go to food is cereal, and her favorite color is yellow. Some of the activities she participates in at school include drama club, chorale, photo-arts club, NHS, IItalian NHS, Italian Club, and Link Crew. After graduating high school, Lewis plans to go to college and major in Biomedical engineering. Her biggest hobby is performing in plays and musicals, she has been involved in drama club and chorale all throughout high school. Through the Emerging Leaders Club, she can volunteer at many locations. When I asked her what being voted homecoming queen would mean to her she responded with , “Being voted homecoming queen would mean that I have the ability to spread good energy throughout the school.”   

Cristina LaRocca- Each year BHS students choose their own queens. Joe Ieraci will be with Cristina on this important night. Cristina said, “the homecoming queen should be enthusiastic, spirited and kind! I am hard-working, energetic, and caring. I take pride in spreading kindness and I try my best to leave a positive impact on other people’s lives. I believe that I have the proper personality traits and qualities that it takes to be the homecoming queen, but I also see these traits in the other four girls on court and believe that we are all well-deserving of the title.” Cristina is a dancer at Ballet Western Reserve and YSO dance ensemble. She has been dancing since she was about 4 years old.  She plans to attend college, major in both exercise science and dance, and eventually go to school for physical therapy in which she will hopefully pursue a career and specialize with dancers. She is very proud of her achievements as both a student and a dancer and her ability to balance schoolwork with dancing and extracurriculars. 

Homecoming Court 2018/2019