Fighting for Christine Terlesky

Liliana D'Andrea, Ad Manager

On Friday, Sept. 16 starting at 1:30 p.m. the Lake Club held the 3rd annual Christine Terlesky Girls Golf Invitational which included 14 high school girls golf teams.

Terlesky was not only a teacher but she also coached golf, basketball and track. She was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis(ALS) five years ago and her family has been fighting ever since. When she was first diagnosed, they started a fundraiser “Chip in for Chris” to help raise funds for medical bills and in-home care expenses. Denise Gorski, the athletic director at Boardman high school, came up with the idea of an invitational to help Terlesky, who was she was an enormous influence in women sports at BHS.

Brian Terlesky, her husband and also a teacher/coach at BHS, stated “We have been fortunate for the support of the people in the Mahoning Valley that have given to our family over the last five years in helping pay for medical bills ,medical equipment, And just the love and support when dealing with a tragic time in our life.”

ALS is a very rare disease, only about 30,000 people a year are diagnosed with the disease. The family and community want to bring awareness to the disease because ALS is on the rise in the United States.

At the invitational the 14 teams were Boardman, Canfield, Austintown Fitch, Canton Glenoak, Massillon Jackson, Poland, Howland, Columbiana, Champion, Cardinal Mooney, Ursuline, Beaver Local, Lakeview and struthers.

About the Writer
Liliana D'Andrea, Ad Manager
Liliana D’Andrea is a 16 year-old girl with a passion for academics. She has taken on all AP and honors classes. Her scholarly interests reflect in her choice of extracurriculars. She is involved in Italian Club and the Bugle. She is a seasoned writer with this year being her second year on the Bugle staff....
  • News

Ranking of Ohio School Districts’ Test Scores

• Fighting for Christine Terlesky

News

Saying ‘Ciao’ to the 2018 Italian Club

• Fighting for Christine Terlesky

News

The Mission Night Market

• News

Homecoming Court 2018/2019

• Fighting for Christine Terlesky

News

United Is Our Future

• Fighting for Christine Terlesky

News

Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

• Fighting for Christine Terlesky

News

Ranking Of Ohio School Districts’ Test Scores

• Fighting for Christine Terlesky

News

College Night

• News

Celebrating Spirit Week

• Fighting for Christine Terlesky

News

Boardman defeats Mooney 8-6

Fighting for Christine Terlesky