Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

Raegan Burkey, Staff Writer

The Boardman High School varsity cheerleading squad is coached by Cassie Pantelis and Kathryn Asimakopoulos. The team consists of six seniors and two juniors. Co-captains are seniors Ava Colaluca and Sahvanna Morris.

The girls had tryouts back in April, and junior Rachel Valko said “Being a cheerleader requires hard work and dedication.” The girls competed at the Kennywood Cheer Competition this summer and placed first in their division. They will compete in four more competitions throughout the winter months. The girls have been working on their cheers since June and will continue to perfect their routines until March.

Ava Colaluca, co-captain and a second-year varsity cheerleader, said “It is amazing to see the growth we achieve as a squad each and every season.” Having a role as “co-captain” means that both Ava and Sahvanna have to lead the entire squad and speak on behalf of their fellow cheerleaders.

The girls have been able to form close bonds with both of their coaches this year. Valko mentioned that “Our coaches help us with so much, not just our cheer problems, but problems we are facing in and outside of school.” Colaluca stated “We have a group of exceptionally talented and hardworking ladies this year.” The girls, with the help of their supportive coaches, have been able to have a successful season so far.

The squad will be cheering once again on Friday, Oct. 5th as the Spartans take on the Warren G. Harding Raiders.

About the Writer
Raegan Burkey, Staff Writer
Raegan Burkey is a sophomore here at Boardman High School. She is a student athlete that is involved in volleyball, basketball, and track and field. Her favorite food is pizza. Spring is the season she enjoys the most. Math is her best subject in school. Hannah Montana is her favorite t.v. show. She prefers buckeye...
  • News

Ranking of Ohio School Districts’ Test Scores

• Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

News

Saying ‘Ciao’ to the 2018 Italian Club

• Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

News

The Mission Night Market

• News

Homecoming Court 2018/2019

• Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

News

Fighting for Christine Terlesky

• Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

News

United Is Our Future

• Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

News

Ranking Of Ohio School Districts’ Test Scores

• Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

News

College Night

• News

Celebrating Spirit Week

• Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders

News

Boardman defeats Mooney 8-6

Cheering for the BHS Cheerleaders