Quiz Bowl to Nationals

Evan Knaus, Sports Editor

The Quiz Bowl team will leave on Friday May 25 to compete in nationals on the 26-27 over Memorial Day weekend in Atlanta, Georgia.

Over 350 teams will be attending this years quiz bowl nationals with one team from China. Although the team has qualified many times over the years, this is their 3rd time attending. Five members from this years team qualified for nationals including 2 seniors and 3 juniors. Pranav Padmanabhan and Judy Garzanich make up the seniors while Sophia McGee, Jack Pendleton, Danny Turillo will be attending as juniors.

Team advisor Mrs. Nord would like to add, “It is pretty impressive the amount of time that the students have put into practicing, fundraising or even getting into extra tournaments to practice for nationals.”

About the Writer
Evan Knaus, Sports Editor

Evan Knaus is 17 and is a senior at BHS. This is his second year working for the Bugle. He is part of the Boardman High baseball team and is extremely passionate about sports. He is born and raised in Boardman and attended Boardman Glenwood Middle School.

Evan has two older siblings, Nathan and Leah and has one younger brother, Ian. He comes from a household of animals with 5 dogs, 2 cats, and a bunny. 

He enjoys math and hopes to study marketing in college. He is very talented at sports and hopes to continue playing in college. You can contact him at [email protected]

Quiz Bowl to Nationals