Senior field day debuts as new event

Evan Knaus, Sports Editor

On May 23, a senior field day will be held on the football field from noon to 3 pm following the awards assembly and commencement practice.

In place of the swim party, there will be a senior field day with fun activities planned for students. Some activities include a dunk tank, cornhole tournament, obstacle course and food truck. Mrs. Craig-Yardas is also open to suggestion for other activities. Officer Poulos and Mr. Jadue will be participating in the dunk tank. Each student will receive a free  hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and a drink from the food truck.

Field Day is not mandatory for Seniors but Mrs. Craig-Yardas would like to add, “It is a gift for our students and we hope everyone attends.”

The attire is casual and students will be allowed to go home to change after commencement practice. Shorts are okay and girls will not be allowed to wear heels. In case of rain, field day will be moved to the gym with the dunk tank remaining outside.

About the Writer
Evan Knaus, Sports Editor

Evan Knaus is 17 and is a senior at BHS. This is his second year working for the Bugle. He is part of the Boardman High baseball team and is extremely passionate about sports. He is born and raised in Boardman and attended Boardman Glenwood Middle School.

Evan has two older siblings, Nathan and Leah and has one younger brother, Ian. He comes from a household of animals with 5 dogs, 2 cats, and a bunny. 

He enjoys math and hopes to study marketing in college. He is very talented at sports and hopes to continue playing in college. You can contact him at [email protected]

Senior field day debuts as new event