Rolled Ice Cream Review

Ella Hare, Feature Writer

Bojo’s Creamery in Boardman opened another shop in a new location with a new twist, rolled ice cream. Rolled ice cream has become a big trend in the past year, usually only found in bigger cities. Since Bojo’s opening on March 6th, their rolled ice cream sundaes have been a big hit.

“The place was nice and it was cool to watch them make your order, the flavor was great,” says Mark Lanterman, a Bojo’s customer.

The atmosphere was very comfortable, there were many areas to sit such as couches, tables, and even a small kids table to sit at. The rolled ice cream is made to order right in front of the customer, which is part of the experience. The liquid milk mixture is poured onto a frozen skillet while the employee mixes a topping into the mixture as it hardens. The ice cream is then flattened and rolled into six separate rolls and topped with more toppings.

Although the ice cream is more on the expensive side, the experience and the sundae-like effect makes it worth trying. For the whole month of March, they are offering a sale for any student who wears their school apparel they will receive one dollar off their rolled ice cream sundae.

About the Writer
Ella Hare, Feature Writer

Ella Hare is a senior at Boardman High School. This is her first year working for the Bugle and she is looking forward to it.

She swims for the swim team and enjoys drawing and painting. She is also involved in French and Art club. She’s not sure which college she wants to go to, but she wishes to attend art school.

She has gone to Boardman her whole life and her two younger brothers, Egan and Emerson, go to Boardman as well. At home, Ella enjoys playing with her dog, Finn, and her cat, Fiona.

When she’s not at school or at home, she is most likely at YSU swimming for penguins or hanging out with her friends.  

You can contact Ella through her email [email protected]

Rolled Ice Cream Review