Orchestra goes to State

Makenna Glaser, Copy Editor

On Feb. 22, the orchestra traveled to Columbus to compete in the state orchestra tournament and attend workshops at The Ohio State University.

On the first day, they went to OSU to work with resident music professors. They learned many different skills, including ways to help perfect their musical technique.

Professor of cello Mark Rudoff said during his presentation, “There is no right or wrong, there is only together or not together.”

This particular statement stood out to Senior Katie Ryan, who is second chair cello and the orchestra treasurer. She claims to have learned many new technical styles for cello during these workshops.

On the second day, they competed at the state orchestra tournament. The orchestra received a Superior rating, meaning they achieved the highest possible score.

Along with the learning experiences, the students were able to have a lot of fun on their trip.

Along with Katie Ryan explaining how they pranked the directors with cheesecake, Junior Noah Robinson said, “The best part of going on the trip was being able to have fun and experience the tournament with my friends.”

The orchestra continues to carry on its legacy of excellence.

About the Writer
Makenna Glaser, Copy Editor
Makenna Glaser is a freshman at Boardman High School. This is her first year writing for the Bugle. She is a competitive dancer and also teaches younger children ages 3-11 in dance and gymnastics. She loves learning and academics, and maintains a 4.0 GPA while taking all honors classes. Some other fun facts about Makenna...
Orchestra goes to State