Winless Browns and 49ers look for first win

Evan Knaus, Sports Editor

With the completion of week eight of the NFL season, the regular season is officially at the halfway point and it could not have been any crazier.

After eight weeks of football, the division standings are not what many people expected. The losers however, are what most everyone expected. The Cleveland Browns and the San Francisco 49ers are both at the bottom of the totem pole with an 0-9 start. This has sparked the argument of who will win first?

The argument can go back and forth, but after breaking down both schedules and taking everything into consideration,  it looks like the 49ers will get the first win. With the addition of Jimmy Garoppolo, they are adding a great quarterback that learned from arguably the greatest of all time, Tom Brady. Garoppolo gives the 49ers the key player they have been lacking and he will make a big difference in their play. Look for the 49ers to get their first win this upcoming week over the Giants who have also been struggling this year. Garoppolo will lead the San Francisco 49ers to a 21-13 win over Eli Manning and the New York Giants.

Now onto the Browns who honestly may be the first team since the 2008 Detroit Lions to finish 0-16. With the loss of lineman Joe Thomas, the Browns offensive lineman will look like the Boardman Little Spartans going up against the New England Patriots. Desean Kizer isn’t what the team expected him to be after having a terrible start to the season and Kevin Hogan isn’t that great either. Unfortunately, the Browns do not have any one outstanding player which makes it even harder for them to get a win. As always, they will be looking to have a big draft next year and rebuild. If the Browns win any game this year, look for it to be the week 13 game against the Los Angeles Chargers.

About the Writer
Evan Knaus, Sports Editor

Evan Knaus is 17 and is a senior at BHS. This is his second year working for the Bugle. He is part of the Boardman High baseball team and is extremely passionate about sports. He is born and raised in Boardman and attended Boardman Glenwood Middle School.

Evan has two older siblings, Nathan and Leah and has one younger brother, Ian. He comes from a household of animals with 5 dogs, 2 cats, and a bunny. 

He enjoys math and hopes to study marketing in college. He is very talented at sports and hopes to continue playing in college. You can contact him at [email protected]