Aaron Judge Makes History

Evan Knaus, Sports Editor

Aaron Judge made history on Sept. 25 by hitting his 50th home run which breaks the record for most homeruns in a rookie season.

Judges 50th home run of the season beat Mark McGwire’s previous record of 49 in a rookie season. Judge also passed Lou Gehrig in Home Runs in a the Yankees franchise. This does not come as a surprise to Yankees fans.

After proving himself in the first half of the season with 31 home runs before the all-star break, Judge reached a huge slump in his batting performance. He was only at 37 homers at the beginning of September with not much hope that he would reach the record.

Judge turned it around by hitting 13 home runs before the month of September was even over. He is the first player to hit 50 homeruns in a season but also strikeout 200 times in the same season.

Judges efforts helped the Yankees clinch home field advantage in the American League wild card game. The franchise is looking to win its 28th world series this season.

About the Writer
Evan Knaus, Sports Editor

Evan Knaus is 17 and is a senior at BHS. This is his second year working for the Bugle. He is part of the Boardman High baseball team and is extremely passionate about sports. He is born and raised in Boardman and attended Boardman Glenwood Middle School.

Evan has two older siblings, Nathan and Leah and has one younger brother, Ian. He comes from a household of animals with 5 dogs, 2 cats, and a bunny. 

He enjoys math and hopes to study marketing in college. He is very talented at sports and hopes to continue playing in college. You can contact him at [email protected]

Aaron Judge Makes History