Getting Wrecked

Maria Serra, Staff Reporter

New York City is the land of intricate theaters, bustling skyscrapers and humans painted in gold pretending to be statues for money, but as of March 2017, it is also home to the one and only “Wrecking Club”.

This is not your average hip nighttime activity space, instead it is a place where one can release their aggression or just let out their inner party animal. For a mere forty dollars, one or two individuals may completely destroy everything in a room for twenty minutes. Objects include plates, cups, tables, dressers, and much more. Participants also have their choice of tool for said wrecking by way of bats or crowbars.

Creator of the “Wrecking Club” Tom Daly relates this service to a type of “therapy” and spends his days searching through the city streets to find old furniture necessary for his business. Daly makes sure to provide every “wrecker” in the “club” with a hard hat and eye protection.

This is a permanent New York City attraction and similar businesses are expected to pop up in and around the city soon. Make your next trip to the city a smash hit by checking into the “Wrecking Club”.

About the Writer
Maria Serra, Staff Reporter

Maria Serra is a senior at Boardman High School who is writing for the Bugle for the first time. She discovered her love for stories by watching the likes of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert on their satirical news reporting broadcasts. During school, you may find her being the Usain Bolt of counting as she is the treasurer for National Honors Society, The BHS orchestra, French Club and the Senior Class of 2017. She also loves talking so much, she considers it her sport! Serra has been a part of the Boardman Speech and Debate team for four years and has captained it for two. Outside of school, Serra is highly interested in the world of comedy and immerses herself in stand-up, improvisation and sketch comedy. Her crowning achievement is seeing the Backstreet Boys, not once, but twice in concert! After high school, she plans on majoring in broadcast journalism with a minor in screenwriting.

• News

Celebrating Spirit Week

• Getting Wrecked

News

Boardman defeats Mooney 8-6

• Getting Wrecked

Student Life

2018 Homecoming Court

• Showcase

Senior field day debuts as new event

• Showcase

Quiz Bowl to Nationals

• Getting Wrecked

Student Life

Dancing the night away at Prom

• Sports

March Madness Preview

• Getting Wrecked

Showcase

Quiz Bowl team on 57 win streak

• Sports

Ben Burkey qualifies for State

• Sports

Winless Browns and 49ers look for first win

Getting Wrecked