Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Jaden Karr, Copy Editor

Mr. Ron Weeks has taught World History and Government at BHS for four years. Before he started his career as an educator, he worked in sales from 2006-2013. Weeks teaches mostly freshman so he “always looks forward to meeting and getting to know the most recent additions to BHS”!

Weeks graduated from the University of a Georgia in 2006 with a B.A. in Geography and from Youngstown State University with a B.S. in Education in 2013. He attended Woodstock High School outside of Atlanta, Georgia, where his favorite classes were Social Studies, English, and Physical Education.

In his spare time, Weeks coaches Football and Track. He said this takes up most of his time, but he “really enjoys sports in general”.

“I like hanging out with my family, and like to make things competitive, even if it’s ping-pong or bowling,” Weeks said.

Weeks enjoys Mexican food when he is down home in Georgia, saying it’s much better there. But he said here, the Italian food and pizza is much better.  

Since Weeks is not from Boardman, he has learned that Boardman has a fantastic school system and community. He praises the Boardman schools, saying he is “very blessed” to be teaching at BHS.

In closing, Weeks gave a word of advice to students. “I hope you are proud of the school you attend, because you should be! Go Spartans!”

About the Writer
Jaden Karr, Copy Editor

Jaden Karr is a 17 year old Senior at Boardman High School and is entering his third year on the Bugle staff. In school, Karr is involved in Choir, Emerging Leaders, Key Club, Big Spartan/ Little Spartan, Link Crew and is a Senior Class Officer. Outside of school, Karr works as a Sales Associate at Sears and a Barista at Gloria Jean’s Coffees, both in the Southern Park Mall. Karr also is a volunteer at Angels for Animals and has been a volunteer both on and off the stage at The Youngstown Playhouse. He also cantors at St. Christine Church. Karr enjoys singing, playing the piano, writing and spending time with his siblings and two cats, Dial and Daphne. You may contact him at [email protected] !

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

The Student Becomes The Teacher

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Welcoming Ms. Paden to BHS

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Boardman High School Welcomes new Spanish and English Teacher

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Teacher Feature: Ms.Clemente

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Glenwood Middle School Teacher New to the High School

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Teacher Feature: Mr. Larry Davis

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Mark D’Eramo

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Laura Kephart

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Tyler Vallinger

• Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks

Teacher Feature

Kaitlin Steeb

Teacher Feature: Mr. Weeks